Saturday, January 3, 2015

LOOKING TO 2015...

Dreama Tolle Perry asked the question this week on her website...'What words are you looking to guide you in 2015?' (http://dreamatolleperry.com). My thoughts took me back many years to a poem. The poem is on a book mark I received in 1964...51 years ago...it is well worn...I take it out of my dresser drawer every once in a while and hold it in my hand and read it....'Oh, it's just the little homely things, the unobtrusive friendly things'......I went looking for it on the Internet and found my little poem has an author....Moira O'Neill. The words on my book mark are a little different....here is the original.
 'The Elf-Errant', published by Lawrence and Bullen in 1895

The Friendly Things

Oh, it's just the homely little things,
The unobtrusive friendly things,
The 'Won't-you-let- me-help-you' things
That make our pathways light.

The 'Laugh-with-me-it's-funny' things
And it's the jolly joking things,
The 'Never-mind-the-trouble' things
That make the world seem bright.

And not the human little things,
The 'Everyday encounter' things,
The 'just-because-I-love-you' things
That make us happy quite?

So here's to all the little things,
The done and then forgotten things
The 'oh it's simply nothing' things
That make life worth the fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment