Sunday, August 31, 2014

Steamroller Project, August 31, 2014

The Steamroller Project
took place in Midland, Ontario 
on
August 23, 2014
I have been wanting to do this for some time.

'FOR THE LOVE OF PLACE'
 
Drawing on wood 18" x 40"
 
Light areas carved out
Ink is rolled onto the woodcut
 
Wood piece is placed into a form,
covered with dampened paper and blankets.
 
The exciting part of my day...driving the paver!

Pulling the print

Three prints per artist, six artists...
printing all day.


One print is donated to the gallery for auction

Text running through the sky reads...

“On the shores of Georgian Bay I watch my grandchildren
wade in the shallow water, bent over, searching for the brightly coloured,
sand-washed stones. They prize the smooth ones with sparkles that catch
 the light. Later in the day they help me carry the canoe to the water’s edge.
 We paddle following the shoreline. They share with me their thoughts,
their hopes, their dreams. We marvel at the water and talk about what it will
take for it to remain clear and healthy for generations to come.
They love this place as I do…on the shores of Georgian Bay” 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment